Creating Australia’s Best Airport City Conference
The aim of the Conference was to inform the design and implementation of the Australian Government’s infrastructure investment, transport and regional development policies and programs related to the Western Sydney Airport development.
Creating Australia's Best Airport City was fully endorsed by the Federal Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development and the NSW Department of Industry, with both departments on board as major partners of the event.
Participants were encouraged to explore and discuss the industry sectors that could be established at and around the Western Sydney Airport, and contribute to an action plan to encourage industry to locate to the emerging Aerotropolis.
In particular, the Conference aimed at:
- promoting investment in infrastructure and regional development;
- facilitating local partnerships between all levels of government and local communities;
- providing good governance to advance strategic infrastructure projects;
- fostering an efficient, sustainable, competitive, safe and secure transport infrastructure.
Who Should Attend?
This major conference, attracting 400-plus senior regional and industry leaders and a range of international delegates, appealed to senior decision makers from industries such as:
- aerospace and defence
- engineering and planning
- pharmaceuticals and healthcare
- professional services
- property developers and construction
- universities and education
- infrastructure - including road and rail transport, and logistics
- State and local governments